Sunday 1 March 2015

Alistair Grim's Odd Aquaticum


Last year, I was commissioned by the publisher's 'Disney Hyperion' to create an art-work for a book cover for a middle-grade book, titled 'Alistair Grim's Odditorium' by Gregory Funaro. 
The book was a hit, and has received rave reviews. 
Fast-forward 12 months, and I've just finished working on the cover for the sequel (again with London-based photographer 'Colin Crisford'), 'Alistair Grim's Odd Aquaticum'
I read on the author's blog http://www.gregoryfunaro.com/odditorium that he plans to write more books in the series, so there may be more cover-art to come too!
Here is the final cover, and some photographs of the paper model (pre-post production) that I sent to the designer at Disney for approval.

Alistair Grim's Odd Aquaticum will be published next Spring.
Below: photographs of the model (pre-post)
 
 A detail shot of the sea-serpent
The cover artwork for the prequel 'Alistair Grim's Odditorium'.

3 comments:

  1. I've loved your art ever since I first came across it! being also a fan of fantastic literature and dragons, thins is the perfect book for me, it seems... Thanks for your wonderful work and imagination - I love to follow your blog and work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Su

    I'm a big fan of your work.

    The cover looks amazing. Can't wait to see the 'Dwelling' in London. Do you happen to know when exactly in September?

    Estera

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      my exhibition will run from 16th September until October 9th, 2015
      For details, please visit: http://www.longandryle.com/exhibitions/dwelling

      Delete

Thank you for your comment.