Friday 17 February 2017

Currently Reading...

'Books for Living: A Reader's Guide to Life' 
by Will Schwalbe

I was intrigued about this book when I came across a small review I read in a magazine recently.

Will Schwalbe describes himself as a 'reader'. 
Here he offers a guide, a list of books set out in chapters, that have taught him life lessons, of which he wishes to share with his fellow readers.

I think it's a great concept for a book, and have been inspired to compile an impromptu list of my own...

Will Schwalbe's book would actually feature on my list, as it's taught me to think about the books I read from now on in a different way, and question 'what lessons am I learning?'

Also, on my list...
(along with the lesson they've taught me)


The Baron in the Trees 
'for embracing alternate ways of living'


 The Centre of the Bed
'the title says it all'


When Things Fall Apart
'about grief, gathering the pieces, and letting them go'

 Grimm's Fairy Tales 
'Princess's cunning'


Wabi-Sabi by Leonard Koren 
'to embrace imperfection' 

The Pearl 
'to question what is the truth'

Spark Joy: An Illustrated Guide to the Japanese Art of Tidying
'to question the space I inhabit'

I'd be interested in hearing books that would feature in your list...
please leave a comment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.